Lupus Foundation of Bangladesh (LFB)
The World Lupus Day 2014 celebration event is organized by the Lupus Foundation of Bangladesh (LFB) jointly with the Bangladesh Rheumatology Society (BRS) and Department of Rheumatology, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU). This year's theme is "Creating Greater Awareness for Lupus Care"
Date and Time: Saturday, 10 May 2014 at 10:00am
Venue: Milan Hall, BSMMU, Shahbag, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
Chairperson: Professor MN Alam, President, LFB and Founder President, BRS
Chief Guest: Professor Pran Gopal Datta, Vice Chancellor, BSMMU
Keynote: Professor Syed Atiqul Haq, Vice President, LFB and Chairman, Department of Rheumatology, BSMMU
Expected Participants: About 400 members of the Lupus family (patients, family members, physicians and lupus-friends)
Contact: Farhana Ferdous, Secretary General, LFB
Phone: +88 01731 850 812
Care For Lupus – SDF Indonesia
Commemorating World Lupus Day 2014, Care for Lupus SDF (Syamsi Dhuha Foundation) - Indonesia are conducting several activities among others:
1. Continuing annual Care for Lupus SDF Awards Program, consisting :
A. Research Sponsorships.
- SDF is allocating fund for research in finding Indonesia's herbal supplement for lupus therapy
- Funds are also awarded to 2 research proposals which have been selected byt the Jury on the research category "All About Lupus", aiming to improve quality life people with lupus.
B. Writing Competition.
Three Winners will be selected by the Jury from several written articles that have been published in printed media and submitted to the committee.
C. Lifetime Achievement Awards
SDF appreciates those institution or individual who have passion and dedication to support and/or conduct activities to improve quality life people with Lupus.
2. Launching a book title "Mentarimorfosa - 10 years Journey of SDF" supporting people with lupus & low vision.
SDF invites all stakeholders' representatives (people with lupus, people with low vision, doctors, hospitals, companies, volunteers, supporters, media) in this book launching event on the World Lupus Day 10th May, 2014.
3. Lupus Awareness Campaign through social media: "May is Lupus Awareness Month - Care for Lupus your Caring Saves Lives"
Yayasan Lupus Indonesia